Bronson Advanced Radiology Services
Bronson Advanced Radiology Services offers a variety of imaging technology including: x-ray, C.T. scan, ultrasound, mammogram, dexi-scan (bone density), mobile MRI, and nuclear medicine.
The facility also added a lab to analyze blood work. The new facility has allowed them to update their infrastructure and incorporate the latest in equipment technology.
The building was designed to achieve LEED accreditation which includes consideration of an atmosphere which creates a level of comfort, convenience and confidence for the patients.
Green Features Include:
· Designed to achieve 17.5% energy cost savings compared to a building of similar size
· Uses solar shading over windows and overhangs
· Uses no ozone depleting refrigerants
· Uses local/regional materials including glass, concrete, brick and roofing
· Carpeting contains 66% recycled material. In addition, carpet tiles were used, providing less material waste during installation and eventual replacement
· Wood-like vinyl flooring, wall protection material, and bumper guards all contain no PVC’s. Also, no finish (waxing/sealant) is required for the flooring product
· Air system provides 30% more fresh air than minimum requirements
· 43 control zones provide a high level of occupant control increasing comfort and productivity
· Reused abated concrete block from the former building for surfacing under new parking lot
One major challenge that was faced on this project was the logistical issues caused by very tight site space. CSM had to plan for offsite staging of soil and other building materials, as well as, offsite parking. Due to a tight site, a very detailed plan was put in place to ensure all building teams were involved and informed.
- Medical Office
- LEED Certified
524 S. Park Street Kalamazoo MI 49007