Grand Rapids MI Map
- 40,700 sf
- Date Completed:
Peerless Steel's plate metal processing and distribution operations required a special facility. Owen-Ames-Kimball Co. met this challenge by designing and constructing a 34-foot-high warehouse area that features two 15-ton overhead cranes, two 5-ton gantry cranes and a double reinforced, eight-inch concrete floor.
Located in Grandville's Century Business Center, Peerless Steel specializes in the processing and distribution of the finest quality carbon, alloy and tool steel bars and plates for the automotive, machine tool and metalworking industries.
- 34-foot-high warehouse area features two 15-ton overhead cranes, two 5-ton gantry cranes, and a double-reinforced, eight-inch concrete floor.
- Steel stacker/rack storage system and infrared heating system
- Computer controlled machining department includes burning, plate sawing, cutting, straightening, milling, grinding and heat-treating areas.
- Drive-through semi-truck area for receiving steel.
- Exterior treatment includes face brick at office areas; painted concrete masonry block, translucent light panels and insulated metal panels at warehouse areas.
- 38,000 SF of warehouse space and 2,700 SF of office space