St. Jude Millennium Center
1120 4 Mile Rd Ne Grand Rapids MI 49525 Map
- 26,000 sq. ft.
- $3.2 Million
- Date Completed:
Initiated by the Diocese of Grand Rapids, the “Millennium Plan” addressed the need for renovation of St. Jude’s Spiritual education facility.
• The St. Jude Millennium Center is a two-story building including additional classrooms, meeting rooms, parish and school offices, a new entry, lobby, and elevator.
• Due to poor existing soils, site was excavated to a greater depth and sand fill was imported to create a stable base for the foundation.
• Owen-Ames-Kimball Co. worked with the owner to design and construct an on-site concession stand, using donated materials.
• The softball diamond was reconstructed to enhance the facility’s space for athletic activities.
• The parking lot was also reconstructed to provide additional space